JUMP TO A SECTION:
Our Choice Recommendation
- No one - and I mean no one - will beat my customer service and individual support
- Easy to install by any reasonably handy person.
- Absolutely No Odor. No Maintenance. 5 Year Warranty.
Are you considering purchasing a composting toilet for RV purposes?
Do you want to know a little bit more about which RV composting toilets are the best ones on the market?
What are some reasons why you might want to use a composting toilet in your RV, anyway?
Here are a few benefits to consider:
- If you enjoy camping in the wilderness, it can sometimes be hard to find a hookup for your RV’s sewage system. With a composting toilet, you don’t have to worry about this.
- Composting toilets make it easy to feed any plants you may have, either inside your RV or outside, if you park it for long stretches of time. And if you don’t tend to any plants yourself, it’s easy to get rid of the compost by simply finding a safe place in the woods to leave it.
- Enjoying a composting toilet in your RV is better for the environment and doesn’t use nearly as much water. This can also be better for your budget, if you ever have to pay for your own water and sewage while you’re on the road.
- After the initial setup, it costs almost nothing to make the most of your composting toilet. This is also true of at-home composting toilets!
- Even if you can’t always purchase peat moss for the toilet while you’re RVing, you can easily find plenty of natural roughage to make it work just fine.
Of course, although these are some of the best reasons to consider a composting toilet, there may be many other reasons as well. Take your time and consider your lifestyle as well as your RV’s needs in order to determine whether or not a composting toilet is right for you.,
If you do choose to buy one, take a look at the two products we’ve compared below to help you get started. You should be able to find plenty of information to help you make the right decision, no matter what type of toilet you’re looking for.
Read on to compare a couple of composting toilets you may be interested in.
Sun-Mar GTG Composting Toilet
The Sun-Mar GTG Composting Toilet is a small, compact, and minimal composting toilet perfect for the RV lifestyle. The toilet is designed to be portable, so you can take it along on the road with you for all the adventures that may come your way. This offer features a simple seat design without any extra bells and whistles, and it comes in a traditional white color so you don’t have to worry about whether or not it will work with your existing bathroom fixtures, either.
- The toilet can be installed in just a few short minutes and may not require a professional, as long as you have some experience with this type of installation.
- The toilet diverts solids and liquids into two different receptacles.
- This is one of the smallest portable RV composting toilets on the market.
What We Liked
- We like how easy it is to remove the waste from this toilet and get rid of it. Disposal and cleanup are a quick and simple process, and once customers get the hang of it, they can take care of this step in just a few short minutes with minimal smell or mess.
What Could Be Improved
- Although this is marketed as a composting toilet, it is still necessary to have a separate composting machine when you use it. The toilet makes it easy for you to gather waste for compost, but doesn’t heat or turn the compost. Therefore, we feel the company should offer a more efficient composting option as well.
- The toilet is sturdy and built to last a long time, even with regular daily use by the whole family.
- This choice is easy to learn how to use and the included directions are clear and understandable.
- The composting process works well and gets started immediately upon setup with this toilet.
- If you want to compost the waste successfully, you will need to get started with composting material, which is an additional cost.
- The toilet can hold only six gallons, so it may need to be emptied very quickly, depending on how many people use it in a day.
- You will need to have a way to heat the compost in order for it to stay healthy when using this toilet.
Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet
The Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet is a popular choice for RVs as well as for home use. This option can be set up in a short amount of time and emptied just as quickly, so it’s great for use on the go when you may not have as much time to dedicate to toilet maintenance. The toilet is big enough to keep almost everyone comfortable while sitting on it, but also compact enough to fit into the majority of RVs. Best of all, it comes with everything you need to get it set up right away.
- The toilet comes with a fan, so you don’t have to worry about purchasing it separately.
- This offer comes in a traditional white color that works with all bathroom decor.
- With stainless hardware included throughout the setup, this toilet is sure to last a long time without rusting or becoming too easily damaged.
What We Liked
- The toilet works very well and gets started composting waste immediately upon setup. It doesn’t take too long to process the compost, and many customers report emptying the compost once a week after the initial round has processed. Although this length of time may differ depending on the number of people using the toilet, it’s capable of handling full families as well as individual users.
What Could Be Improved
- Since this toilet has a diversion mechanism to separate solid and liquid waste, the liquid waste can develop a strong, foul odor sooner than the solids. We feel that the toilet needs a better liquid receptacle design in order to function even more smoothly.
- The toilet is very easy to operate, and many customers even report their small children understanding how to turn the composting drum.
- The toilet is quick and easy to maintain when you get the hang of it.
- The seat is big enough for most individuals and is a full-size, traditional toilet seat.
- The toilet diverts urine to a different receptacle from solids, which causes the urine to overflow sooner than the rest of the waste.
- When the urine overflows, it may make the solid compost wet and can kill the compost.
- This choice can be tricky to take apart completely if it needs a thorough clean and restart.
So what do you think? Which one of these offers is the better choice? We feel that the Nature’s Head toilet is the better of the two. This toilet is built to last and features a full-size seat, which can be helpful for many individuals who don’t like using small-size seats. It’s quick to maintain and easy to set up for beginners, too.
Of course, both of these toilets are great options and can make a big difference in the way your RV lifestyle functions. Pick the one you like the best and get ready for the benefits in no time!
Last update on 2022-11-30 at 13:15 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.