JUMP TO A SECTION:
Our Choice Recommendation
- No one - and I mean no one - will beat my customer service and individual support
- Easy to install by any reasonably handy person.
- Absolutely No Odor. No Maintenance. 5 Year Warranty.
What is a composting toilet and what does it do?
If you’re looking for composting toilets for sale, what are some features to keep in mind as you shop?
How hard it is to find a composting toilet for sale, anyway?
There may not be a lot of composting toilets on the market in comparison to traditional toilets, but these options are quickly becoming more and more popular. This choice shouldn’t be too difficult to find the type of toilet you’re looking for and pick one that suits your household’s needs.
Of course, it’s a good idea to remember the following features when choosing any composting toilet:
- Size: Pick a toilet that fits well into the space you’re looking to use.
- Seat: Pick a toilet with a seat size that will work well for everyone in the family. If you have little ones, remember that you may need to purchase a footstool, a child’s toilet seat, or both for your kids’ comfort.
- Convenience: Choose between a toilet that allows you to add waste to your own composting machine, or one that does the composting for you. Pick your toilet based on how easy it is to empty the waste when the time comes, too.
There may be other features you’re looking for in your specific toilet. However, this should give you a good idea of the basics and make it easier for you to find the perfect fit.
Read on to find the best composting toilet for your needs!
Sun-Mar GTG Composting Toilet
The Sun-Mar GTG Composting Toilet is one of the most affordable and smallest options on the market. Perfect for RVing and other situations on the go, this toilet is capable of handling a small family’s waste every day and is quick and easy to maintain as well. If you need something small without a lot of additional functions, this toilet may be the right choice for you.
- The toilet is quick and easy to install, even for those who don’t have a lot of experience with this type of installation.
- It’s easy to empty the toilet as often as necessary.
- The toilet diverts liquid and solid waste to make it easier to compost.
- This option isn’t actually a composting toilet, but is simply a toilet that separates solids and liquids for easier composting on your own time.
- If you purchase this toilet, you will also need a way to heat and turn the waste, such as a composting machine.
- The toilet may not be large enough to handle bigger families or a lot of people at once.
Villa 9215 AC/DC
Check out the Villa 9215 AC/DC composting toilet if you’re looking for a great middle-ground choice for your composting needs. This toilet is a newer model that has been upgraded to include some important features. This offer collects urine and solid wastes in two different receptacles for easy composting, and it includes adapters to be used on all sorts of different power sources. You can even use solar energy to power this toilet if you have a portable solar panel for your RV or a permanent solar panel setup in your home, too.
- The toilet is a good size for use in many RVs and other types of campers, but it’s also capable of being used in homes as a permanent fixture too.
- The toilet’s fan keeps all the smell pushed outside of the home or RV and prevents odor buildup indoors.
- It’s easy to change the liner bag and empty the toilet when necessary.
- The fan on this toilet has been known to go out quickly, even when the toilet isn’t overused.
- This choice has a smaller seat than many of the other composting toilets on the market.
- The toilet doesn’t compost itself, and is simply meant for collecting waste before moving it to a composting machine.
Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet
If you’re looking for one of the best composting toilets on the market today, look no further than the Nature’s Head Self Contained Composting Toilet. This option is large enough to work well for most individuals, but still compact enough that it fits into many styles of RV bathrooms too. The toilet is the perfect choice for indoor use, such as in a waste-free home or a guest house, but it can be taken along as a portable choice too. All in all, this toilet is one of the top of the line products when it comes to composting human waste.
- The toilet features a full-size toilet seat, unlike many others which have a smaller-size toilet seat that may not fit every individual.
- The toilet is easy to empty when the time comes.
- The toilet comes with everything needed to compost, including a heat source and a crank for turning the drum.
- This toilet may be tricky to install and may require a professional to do so.
- The urine receptacle may overflow easily on this toilet and can reach the solids receptacle, which may kill the compost.
- The toilet may need to be emptied daily when used by a large family.
Are you still interested in purchasing a composting toilet, now that you’ve had a chance to take a look at them? Or do you still have some questions or confusion on the matter? What are some of the best ways to use these compost toilets for sale?
For the most part, the majority of these toilets work by collecting waste into two separate receptacles. From there, you can dump the urine in a safe place (preferably out in the woods, away from humans) and you can add the solid waste to your composting machine. The compost should then be heated hot enough to kill off all the harmful bacteria and pathogens present, and should be turned frequently to ensure the proper breakdown of the waste.
Of course, there are some models of composting toilet that do this for you. These toilets usually have a heat source and a method of turning that come installed as part of the toilet itself. You can crank the toilet’s drum to turn and heat the compost every day, and then remove it after it has processed. These toilets tend to cut down a lot on odor and make it easier to get your compost ready for use in a safe way.
Now that you’ve had a chance to check out these composting toilet reviews, how can you make the most out of the one you choose to buy? It can always take some getting used to when you begin the use of a composting toilet. Learn which types of green material (such as peat moss) you may need to add to the toilet, and be sure to do so as frequently as necessary to keep your compost healthy and strong.
Once you have some compost from your toilet, you can use it on decorative plants or simply dispose of it in the woods in a safe location. Read through your toilet’s manual for more information on how to properly use the compost and make your toilet work well for you.
Last update on 2022-12-27 at 03:30 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.