JUMP TO A SECTION:
Our Choice Recommendation
- Tumbling composter – avoid digging and mixing your compost pile by hand. The tumbling design makes mixing easy...
- Easy to use – fantastic for beginners! The large openings and removable door make it easy to add Scraps/clippings...
- Two composter chambers are better than one – two separate sides allow the first side to finish while leaving the...
What is a compost tumbler?
How is this type of product different from a traditional composting bin?
Do you need one for your household?
A composting tumbler is a product that is designed to make it easier to turn and aerate your compost. This type of tumbler allows you to layer the compost inside, then turn it from the outside when it needs to be mixed.
These tumblers are not a requirement when it comes to home composting, but they can make it easier depending on your situation and needs.
In this article, we’ll show you seven of our favorite home-sized composting tumblers to help you get started. Take your time, check out the options below, and find one that suits you and your household. With the right choice, you’ll be sure to make composting even easier than ever before.
Read on to find the best compost tumbler for your needs.
Miracle-Gro Small Composter
The Miracle-Gro Small Composter is one of the most compact options on our list. This composter is designed to fit on a balcony or porch, but it’s also durable enough to handle backyard use if need be.
- The compost bin is easy to load and the door locks in place for safe and effective turning.
- The plastic is UV-protected for durability and safety.
- This option can be very challenging to assemble.
- The composter may arrive missing some crucial pieces, although the company will replace them if this happens.
FCMP Outdoor Tumbling Composter
With the FCMP Outdoor Tumbling Composter, you can work on one compost pile while the other processes in the second chamber. This composter is easy to turn and features an ergonomic design so almost anyone can rotate it when necessary. Best of all, it aerates your compost efficiently, so you don’t have to worry about the compost failing.
- This composter comes in two different color combinations.
- The composter is perfect for beginners with a very simple-to-use design and setup.
- The composter holds only 37 gallons, which may not be enough for some households.
- Emptying the composter can be tricky due to its small access holes.
Max Works Garden Compost Bin Tumbler
Choose the Max Works Garden Compost Bin Tumbler when you’re looking for a sturdy product that can keep your composting going strong for a long time to come. This composter features two chambers and is easy to turn. This offer holds up to 42 gallons but has a smaller footprint than some others on the market.
- It doesn’t take long to assemble this composter, and it’s easy to set up.
- It only takes a few weeks to create healthy, useful compost with this best compost bin.
- The doors on this composter are small and can be difficult to work with.
- The directions can be confusing, although assembly is simple regardless.
EJWOX Composting Tumbler
Choose between black, green, or yellow accents when you go with the EJWOX Composting Tumbler. This choice features a two-chamber design and includes a built-in bar inside which helps aerate and combine the compost. It’s easy to turn this composter, making weekly maintenance simple and convenient.
- This option sits on a powder-coated steel frame that keeps it upright and protected in all types of weather.
- The doors slide open and lock shut easily.
- The doors are small and it can be hard to add larger pieces of compost because of this.
- The composter leaks in some instances.
Lifetime 65-Gallon Compost Tumbler
The sturdy and powerful Lifetime 65-Gallon Compost Tumbler is large enough to handle a household’s compost waste but small enough to fit into almost any backyard. It’s well-balanced and stays upright easily, and it remains simple to turn and operate even when it gets full and heavy. This composter is a great choice for beginners and experienced individuals alike.
- The lid is large and can be easily removed when you need to add bigger items.
- This offer can be left outdoors in almost any weather conditions.
- The seams in the plastic may fail and leak over time.
- It’s difficult to assemble this option.
Envirocycle Composting Tumbler Bin and Compost Tea Maker
If you’re looking for a compact solution that can be used indoors as well as outside, consider the No products found.. This choice creates both liquid and solid compost so you can feed almost any plant. This option comes completely pre-assembled and contains no chemicals or other additives that could leach into your compost, so it’s safe for use on food plants, too.
- You can choose between a 35-gallon or a 17-gallon composter with this compost tumbler.
- The composter comes in either black or hot pink.
- This offer doesn’t aerate as nicely as some others on our list.
- It’s difficult to turn this composter.
Good Ideas Senior Wizard Dual Tumbler Compost Bin
Pick between a 7-cubic foot or 11-cubic foot size when you go with the Good Ideas Senior Wizard Dual Tumbler Compost Bin. This choice includes larger lids than some others on our list, so the compost is easy to access. And with a simple design, it’s not difficult to turn or operate this composter.
- The composter comes pre-assembled, so you don’t have to do anything to get it set up and ready to use.
- The composter is easy to empty.
- This option may not keep compost dry enough in some instances.
- Some products have been known to arrive damaged.
Pick Up The Best Compost Tumblers Today And Enjoy
Did you find a composting tumbler you like the looks of? There are a lot to choose from, and each one has somewhat different features than the last. So what are some of the most important features to look for in a compost tumbler? Here are a few to keep in mind:
- Size: Consider how much composting you plan to do. Some of these tumblers are compact while others are quite large, so it’s important to keep this in mind when you’re shopping around.
- Number of chambers: Some composters have only one chamber and can only process one round of compost at a time. Others have two chambers, so one compost can process while the other is still being built. Consider which style is best for you.
- Materials: Some composters are made of recycled materials or heavy-duty options. If the materials matter to you, shop around to find the ones you like the most.
It’s important to take time and consider which features you want to prioritize for your own household’s needs. For example, if you have only two people in your household or you don’t throw away a lot of organic waste, you may not need a large tumbler. On the other hand, if you have a large family and are living as green as possible, you may need a very large tumbler that can process a lot of compost at once.
You know your own composting needs best. Remember that there are several choices out there, and the right tumbler for your neighbor may not be the right one for you. With some time and consideration, you’re sure to find the perfect fit!
Last update on 2022-05-28 at 04:45 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.