No products found.
JUMP TO A SECTION:
Our Choice Recommendation
- AS FEATURED IN BON APPETIT AND FORBES | THE PERFECTLY SIZED COMPOST BIN: Say hello to Epica’s premiere 1-gallon...
- SIMPLE CLEANING PROCESS: The stylish stainless steel bin is molded in one piece and resists rust and leaks, unlike...
- CONTROL ODORS NATURALLY: The airtight lid and replaceable activated-charcoal filter work together to trap and...
Are you looking for the best compost bin to meet your needs?
Do you want to find compost review information to help you decide?
What are some features you should look for in your composter?
It’s not too difficult to find good-quality compost bins on the market. Whether you’re looking for an indoor bin that is designed to hold food waste until you take it outside, or you want an outdoor compost bin for breaking down your compostable materials, there are plenty of options to choose from.
But how can you decide on the best product for your compost? Here are a few qualities to be on the lookout for when picking the best composters for your household:
- Pick a composter for outdoors that can keep pests away.
- Choose an outdoor composter that makes it easy for you to set it up as well as maintain it over time.
- Choose an outdoor composter that can help you keep the heat and aeration at the right levels for composting properly.
- When picking an indoor compost bin, choose one that’s easy to keep clean.
- Pick an indoor compost bin that will help lock in smells and prevent the food waste inside from developing strong odors.
- Go with an indoor compost bin that can be tucked out of the way easily.
When you keep these suggestions in mind, you’ll be well on your way to choosing the right indoor compost bin as well as the right outdoor compost container for your household’s needs.
Read on to check out some composting reviews to help you decide.
1.Oxo Good Grips Easy-Clean Compost Bin
The Oxo Good Grips Easy-Clean Compost Bin is a small, compact, and affordable bin for containing your food waste. This offer comes in two different sizes and a few color options to match your kitchen. With a convenient folding handle, the bin is easy to move around as needed without touching the waste inside.
- The interior of the bin is smooth so waste doesn’t get caked into corners.
- The flip-style lid is easy to operate.
- Because the lid doesn’t lock, fruit flies can be an issue with this compost bin.
- The bin may be too small for some busier households.
Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin
The Epica Stainless Steel Compost Bin is a small and easy-to-use bin that works great for many household situations. This compost garbage can has a locking lid that keeps smells in and bugs out more easily than some other options on the market. Small enough to tuck under a cabinet or on the counter, this bin is the perfect addition to most kitchens.
- The bin features an activated carbon filter in the lid to help deal with odors.
- The stainless steel is resistant to rusting, so you can toss wet trash in the bin as well.
- The filter can be difficult to replace.
- If insects do find their way into the bin, they may get caught in the filter.
Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Compost Bin
The Utopia Kitchen Stainless Steel Compost Bin is capable of holding 1.3 gallons of waste and is designed to hold up well to long-term use. This bin doesn’t rust and won’t become damaged from exposure to water or wet trash, so it’s great for kitchen purposes.
- The included lid locks in place and comes with a built-in carbon filter.
- This choice is easy to keep clean with hot, soapy water.
- The lid fits on so tightly that it’s difficult to take off with just one hand.
- Some products may arrive dented or damaged in rare instances.
Under-Counter Indoor Kitchen Compost Container
Try the Under-Counter Indoor Kitchen Compost Container if you’re looking for a compact method for keeping your indoor compost waste out of the way. This container can be bolted to the back of your cabinet doors so you can easily toss compostable materials under the sink until it’s time to move them outside.
- This option features a locking lid that is easy to operate with one hand if necessary.
- The bin also includes a handle for easy transportation outdoors.
- The lids may be more fragile than others on this list.
- The plastic may cause mold to develop quickly in this bin.
Norpro Ceramic Compost Keeper
Store your compost in a hygienic way when you use the Nopro Ceramic Compost Keeper. This bin can be kept on your counter or under your sink and features a durable handle for transportation. This offer can hold up to one gallon of waste, including wet trash like coffee grounds.
- The bin isn’t prone to developing mold because it is made of ceramic.
- The bin comes in white, red, black, and a white and blue floral design.
- Since the lid doesn’t seal as tightly on this bin as on some others, it may attract fruit flies.
- The interior is not smooth and is difficult to clean thoroughly.
Compost Bin by Geobin
Check out this Compost Bin by Geobin when you want a simple and easy-to-use outdoor compost bin container. This bin can be expanded to a variety of sizes, with its maximum at 216 gallons of capacity and four feet in diameter.
- This choice is a very low-cost product that is easy to set up and get started using right away.
- This option is made from 50% recycled plastic so it’s better for the environment than some other plastic options.
- The bin is lightweight and should be staked or sandbagged down to prevent it from blowing over in the wind.
- It may take two people to set up this bin initially.
Redmon 8000 Compost Bin
The Redmon 8000 Compost Bin comes designed with everything you need to use it easily from day one. The bin includes four sliding doors on the sides as well as a snapping lid on top, so you can access, remove, or turn your compost whenever you need to.
- This bin is made of 80% recycled plastic.
- The bin is designed to be UV-resistant for safe and long-term use outdoors.
- Since there is no base and there are no legs on the product, pests may find their way inside.
- The lid may come off easily in strong winds.
Behrens 20-Gallon Composter
If you’re looking for something that isn’t made of plastic, check out the No products found.. This compost bin is designed just like a traditional metal garbage can, but with holes drilled in the sides and bottom for compost aeration and drainage. And since it’s made of hot-dipped steel, it’s more durable than regular trash cans, too.
- The bin comes on legs, so it’s less likely for burrowing pests to find their way inside.
- The lid fits tightly for insect reduction.
- This offer may rust over time.
- The can is smaller than some of the others of comparable prices on the market.
Algreen Products Soil Saver Classic Compost Bin
If you’re looking for the most environmentally-friendly choice on the list, consider the No products found.. This bin is made of 100% recycled plastic, so it’s greener than the other choices listed here. With a locking lid and extra-thick walls, this bin is excellent for deterring pests such as rodents, too.
- This composter can hold up to 94 gallons of compost materials.
- The composter has a top-down access lid as well as four panels on the sides for easy use.
- This choice may arrive missing some required hardware or without directions.
- Many customers report squirrels and raccoons being able to chew through this bin.
Garden Composter Bin
With the Garden Composter Bin, you can process up to 110 gallons of compost material at a time. This bin is large and easy to use, with a locking top-down lid and four sliding side panels for access. This option features plenty of holes for aeration and drainage, and it’s easy to operate, even for beginners.
- This offer only takes a few minutes to snap together on arrival.
- The bin is excellent for keeping odors at bay while composting.
- Pests and rodents may find their way into this bin easily by burrowing underneath it.
- The plastic is thinner on this bin than on some of the others listed here.
Now that you’ve had a chance to look at the best compost bins on the market, it’s time to pick the one that works best for you. Here are our suggestions to help you get started:
- The best composter on the list for indoor use is the Oxo Good Grips composter. It’s the most affordable as well as one of the easiest to use, and it’s durable as well.
- The best compost bin for outdoor use is the Algreen Products compost bin. This bin is sturdy, well-contained, and easy to operate as well as set up.
With the right compost bins for both indoor and outdoor use, you’ll be able to get started on your composting adventure right away!
Last update on 2022-09-13 at 03:20 Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.